- Thank you for using IRL
- We take your privacy seriously
- Why we collect information and what we do with the data
- Personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Your choices
- Other sites and services
- International data transfer
- How to contact us
- California privacy rights notice
- India privacy rights notice
Effective as of May 3, 2023
Thank you for using IRL
Welcome to the IRL network. We want to help you do more of what you love to do with the people you love. Through IRL you can communicate with, make plans and develop deeper connections with your friends, family and other IRL users.
We assist you in discovering the best live streaming and remote events on topics that interest you. We also customize IRL for you based on the information you provide us and your use of IRL. This allows us to recommend content we believe you will find relevant, useful and interesting.
We take your privacy seriously
It is your decision whether to make your IRL account private or public. If you do not make a choice, the default setting is for your IRL account to remain private. We do not sell your personal data.
We appreciate some of the terms discussed may be complex. We welcome your questions and feedback on our policy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we collect information and what we do with the data
Consistent with our mission of helping bring people together, the primary reason we collect information is to assist you in communicating and connecting with your friends, family and other IRL users.
We request that you sync your contacts with us when you sign up for IRL. This allows us to suggest friends and contacts that already use IRL for you to connect with. It also allows us to suggest your friends and contacts connect with you when they sign up for IRL.
We collect information to make inferences about you and your preferences to recommend content we believe you will find relevant, useful and interesting. If you follow a particular musician, for example, we may infer that you like other artists that create similar music and suggest that you follow these artists and watch their live stream performances.
When you use IRL we are able to identify your location through log data (described in the "Personal information we collect" section below). We collect this information to customize the content we show you. You can disable this feature at any time on your device settings.
Finally, the data we collect helps us better understand how our app is used, improve its functions, add new features, enhance its security, guard against threats or risks to safety, identify and fix any bugs, send you news and updates, contact users and respond to their questions and comments, and compile aggregated, anonymized data that we analyze for our research and development purposes. Additional information about how we use the data we collect is described in the "How we use your personal information" section below.
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us
Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, and phone number.
- Demographic information, such as your gender and age.
- Social information, such as your contacts and calendars.
- Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account on the Service, date of birth, biographical details, photograph, links to your profiles on social networks, interests, preferences, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us through the Service, social media, or otherwise.
- Payment and transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your orders and/or payments on or through the Service (including payment card information and information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- User-generated content, such as profile pictures, photos, images, music, videos, comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- social media services, that you use to log into, or otherwise link to, your account on the Service. This data may include your username, profile picture, contacts, calendars, and other information associated with your account on that third-party service that is made available to us based on your account settings on that service.
Automatic data collection
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Location data based on your device and online activity data.
Cookies and similar technologies
Some of the automatic collection described above is facilitated by the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both "session cookies" that are deleted when a session ends, "persistent cookies" that remain longer, "first party" cookies that we place and "third party" cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Data about invites
We may offer features that help users invite their friends or contacts to use the Service, and we may collect contact details about these invitees so we can deliver their invitations. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact details with us unless you have their permission to do so.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection.
We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- facilitate your invitations to friends who you want to invite to join the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development
We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you.
Marketing and advertising
We, our service providers and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- We may send you direct marketing communications. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection
We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent
In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
We generally retain personal information to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we may consider factors such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer require the personal information we have collected about you, we may either delete it, anonymize it, or isolate it from further processing.
How we share your personal information
Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, delivery of email, text, and other types of communications, marketing, consumer research and website analytics).
Linked third-party services
Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others
Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations of or due diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Get Together, Inc. or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Other users and the public
Your profile and other user-generated content (except for messages) may be visible to other users of the Service and the public. For example, other users of the Service or the public may have access to your information if you chose to make your profile or other personal information available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or share other content, or if you set your profile to public. This information can be seen, collected and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines), and we are not responsible for any such use of this information.
Access or update your information
If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Opt-out of marketing communications
You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Opt-out of text message communications
If you sign up to receive SMS or MMS or RCS messages from IRL, you may unsubscribe from any SMS or MMS or RCS messages received by replying “STOP”.
Mobile location data
You can disable our access to your device’s location in your mobile device settings.
Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information
We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Linked third-party platforms
If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account or other third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Delete your content or close your account
You can choose to delete certain content through your account. If you wish to request to close your account, please contact us.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1 (888) 803-5811
- Mail: 2930 Domingo Ave., No. 702, Berkeley, CA 94705
California privacy rights notice
This section describes how we collect, use, and share Personal Information of California residents in our capacity as a "business" under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, the term "Personal Information" has the meaning given in the CCPA but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. In some cases, we may provide a different privacy notice to certain categories of California residents, such as job applicants, in which case that notice will apply instead of this section.
Your California privacy rights.
California residents have the rights listed below under the CCPA. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law. Furthermore, IRL does not sell your personal data, but we do share your information with others for legitimate business purposes. For example, we use service providers to store and host your data.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with which we share Personal Information.
- The categories of Personal Information that we shared for a business purpose.
- The categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was shared for a business purpose.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
Exercising your right to information, access and deletion. You may submit requests to exercise your right to information, access or deletion at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice of right to opt-out of the "sale" of your Personal Information. We do not sell your personal data as defined under the CCPA.
We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
We will also need to verify your identity to process your information, access and deletion requests and reserve the right to confirm your California residency.
To verify your identity, we may require government identification, a declaration under penalty of perjury or other information. Your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf upon our verification of the agent’s identity and our receipt of a copy of a valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent pursuant to California Probate Code Sections 4000-4465. If you have not provided your agent with such a power of attorney, you must provide your agent with written and signed permission to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf, provide the information we request to verify your identity, and provide us with confirmation that you have given the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Statutory category /
Source of PI
Categories of third parties
|California Customer Records
(as defined in California Civil Code §1798.80)
|Internet or Network Information
May be derived from your:
|Protected Classification Characteristics
Statutory category /
Source of PI
Categories of third parties
India privacy rights notice
This section is applicable for residents of the Republic of India only. We make reasonable efforts to notify you of the purposes for which personal information will be used or disclosed and if the initial purpose changes. Residents of India have additional rights with respect to certain categories of personal information defined under Indian law as “sensitive personal information”, including information relating to passwords; financial information (such as debit or credit card numbers); physical, physiological or mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical history and records; and biometric information.
To the extent we may collect any such information from you, you may withdraw consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice). Subject to certain limits set out in the applicable laws, Indian residents also have the right to review the personal information that we collect and to update or correct personal information if it is inaccurate.
If you are an Indian resident and would like to submit a request to review or correct your personal information, or to withdraw consent to the processing of your sensitive personal information, or to make a complaint about our processing of your sensitive personal information, you must submit your request to our Grievance Officer at email@example.com.