Thank you for using IRL
Welcome to the IRL network. We want to help you do more of what you love to do with the people you love - whether in person or remotely. Through IRL you can communicate with, make plans and develop deeper connections with your friends, family and other IRL users.
We assist you in discovering the best live streaming and remote events on topics that interest you. We also customize IRL for you based on the information you provide us and your use of IRL. This allows us to recommend content we believe you will find relevant, useful and interesting.
We take your privacy seriously
It is your decision whether to make your IRL account private or public. If you do not make a choice, the default setting is for your IRL account to remain private.
We appreciate some of the terms discussed may be complex. We welcome your questions and feedback on our policy. Please contact us at email@example.com
Why we collect information and what we do with the data
Consistent with our mission of helping bring people together and countering social isolation, the primary reason we collect information is to assist you in communicating and connecting with your friends, family and other IRL users.
We request that you sync your contacts with us when you sign up for IRL. This allows us to suggest friends and contacts that already use IRL for you to connect with. It also allows us to suggest your friends and contacts connect with you when they sign up for IRL.
We collect information to make inferences about you and your preferences to recommend content we believe you will find relevant, useful and interesting. If you follow a particular musician, for example, we may infer that you like other artists that create similar music and suggest that you follow these artists and watch their live stream performances.
When you use IRL we are able to identify your location through log data (described below). We collect this information to customize the content we show you. You can disable this feature at any time on your device settings.
Finally, the data we collect helps us better understand how our app is used, improve its functions, add new features, enhance its security, guard against threats or risks to safety, identify and fix any bugs, send you news and updates, contact users and respond to their questions and comments, and compile broad statistical data that we analyze for our business and marketing purposes.
How we collect information
1. Information that you provide or give us permission to obtain
After you download our app and sign up to use IRL you provide us your name and phone number or email address. We will send a pin or code to verify your phone number or email address. We request that you verify that you are 13 years of age or older. You also may sync your contacts and calendars with IRL.
We then begin to inform you of the full range of IRL’s features. We offer you the opportunity to follow the calendars of musicians, political leaders, sports teams, entertainment shows, and other persons and organizations on IRL. We ask what activities interest you. We ask whether you wish to receive notifications which include alerts, sounds and icon badges that you can configure in your device’s settings.
After you sign up for IRL, you can complete your profile by creating a username separate from your personal name, upload a profile photo, write a short bio, and provide us your birthdate. You can create your own calendar of events, add comments, take and upload photos, and reply to postings by other IRL users.
2. Information that we obtain from your device or when you use IRL
Devices include your mobile phone, tablet and computer. When you use IRL on a device, we collect non-personally identifiable and Personal Data as follows:
- Log data. This is information that the IRL app records and automatically sends us when you use the app. Log data includes your IP (internet protocol) address, device ID and app ID. We also receive log data such as the browser type and settings when you visit our website.
- Device information. We collect information about the device you’re using, including the type of device, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Clickstream and usage data. When you use an app, including IRL, a series of clicks, called a clickstream, of your activity on the app is generated and recorded on our servers. On IRL this Personal Data includes the information you provided when signed up to use the app; your calendar information; persons you follow and your followers; activities you are interested in; events, invitations, comments, links, photos, gifs, polls and other information you post for yourself or share with others; your searches on the app; and date and time of your app use.
- Cookie data. When you visit our website, we may send cookies, or small data files, to your browser that are stored on your computer. Cookies help us record the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address, the pages you visited, date and time of visit, the search engine you used, and other data. We also make use of third-party cookies provided by Google and other companies to improve the quality of our website and assist our marketing activities. Through your browser settings, you may delete cookies at any time.
Information we obtain from third-party services
We allow users to create an IRL account and log in to use our app through third-party services, including Google.
If you connect your Google or other third-party accounts to IRL, you are providing access to IRL to use and store information from these accounts such as your name, email address, activities, friends and contacts. The extent of the information we access depends upon the privacy policies and your privacy settings for these accounts.
How information is shared on IRL
Anyone can see your IRL account and all information associated with your account if you choose to make it public. If you keep your IRL account private, which is the default setting for all IRL accounts, the public will only be able to see that you have an account, your username, the short bio that you describes yourself, your number of followers and the number of IRL users you follow.
You may share your information in ways you find convenient and as you choose. For example, you may invite other IRL users to join your event, share profiles by text and email message or post invitations to events on your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. We also provide users the means to block other IRL accounts.
As noted above, we do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties. However, we may share your information with our service providers. This includes security consultants and vendors to identify and eliminate spam on our app and companies we retain to improve the performance of our app. We may share or transfer your information to IRL servers we use for processing information that are located outside of your state, country or jurisdiction.
We may share your information, including Personal Data, to comply with a subpoena from a court, an investigatory request from a law enforcement or government agency, or when we determine the disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the safety, rights or property of any IRL user, the public or our company.
How long we retain information
When we no longer need your information and it is not necessary to keep it to comply with legal or regulatory duties, we’ll either delete or depersonalize it so you can not be identified.
Policy on children’s use of information
Children under 13 are not allowed to use IRL. If you are based in the European Economic Area you may only use IRL if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country
Your options on our use of information
If you wish to access your information that we collect and retain please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name and username. After we verify your identity, we usually can provide your information within 30 days.
If there is an error in your profile information, please correct by editing your profile. You may also delete your account at any time through accessing your settings in the app.
You can opt out of receiving notifications from us by modifying your device settings.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your options related to your Personal Information.
Residents of the European Economic Area
- Request access to your Personal Data. You have the right to access, update or delete your information that we collect and retain. You can access certain of your Personal Data within your IRL account settings. If you have any questions or would like to a copy of your Personal Data, please contact us.
- Request correction of Personal Data. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold corrected.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where you object to our processing of your Personal Data. You also have the right to object should IRL process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data when no legitimate reason exists for use to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. We will provide you, or to a third-party you designate, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, and readable format. This right only applies to automated information that you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your Personal Data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you continued service and may need to disable your account.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition please contact us at email@example.com and provide your full name and username. After we verify your identity, we usually can provide your information within 30 days. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose categories of Personal Information we collect and how we use it, the categories of sources from whom we collect Personal Information, and the third parties with whom we share it, which we have explained above.
We are also required to communicate information about rights California residents have under California law. You may exercise the following rights:
- Right to Know and Access. You may submit a verifiable request for information regarding the: (1) categories of Personal Information we collect, use, or share; (2) purposes for which categories of Personal Information are collected or used by us; (3) categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information; and (4) specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Right to Equal Service. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
- Right to Delete. You may submit a verifiable request to close your account and we will delete Personal Information about you that we have collected.
Note: California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 also permits California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
We do not sell the Personal Information of our users.
For more information about these rights, please see “Your options on our use of information” above, and to exercise them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name and username. After we verify your identity, we usually can provide your information within 30 days.
List of Personal Information collected
We collect the following categories of Personal Information and in the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed these categories of Personal Information for a business purpose to affiliates, service providers and third parties:
- Identifiers, such as your name, username, email address, phone number, unique device identifiers, and your IP address
- Personal characteristics protected by law, such as your gender and age
- Commercial information, such as purchases made, and payment information
- Internet or electronic network activity information, such as information about your device and your use of our Services
- Geo-location data, when shared through your device settings or photos
- Electronic, visual, or similar information, such as your profile picture or photos
- Professional or employment information, when you link your account to other accounts
- Inferences we draw or derive about users, such as your interests or preferences
- Other information you provide, such as your bio, likes, and comments
We use and disclose this information for the business purposes described in this policy, including to: audit our Service, detect security incidents and prevent fraud, identify and fix bugs, maintain your account, provide customer service, conduct research and development and other activities to improve our Service, market our Services, and understand how users interact with our Services.
We may change this policy from time to time and if we do, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use IRL after those changes are in effect, you consent and agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide a more prominent notice or get your consent, as required by law.
Glossary of key terms
Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Get Together, Inc., 660 4th Street #810, San Francisco, CA 94107.
Data Controller refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
Personal Data or Personal Information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purposes for General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the European Economic Area, Personal Data means any information relating to you such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
For the purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
Sell means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s Personal Data to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Service refers to the IRL application.
You can also contact us by US mail at IRL c/o Get Together, Inc., 660 4th Street #810, San Francisco, CA 94107.
Effective date: 1/1/2020