COPYRIGHT AND IP INFRINGEMENT POLICY
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the 'DMCA'), IRL has a designated agent for receiving notices of copyright infringement and IRL follows the notice and take-down procedures of the DMCA.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide IRL's copyright agent the following information required by the DMCA, 17 U.S.C. § 512:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (e.g., the username of the posting user, the URL of the post, and the date it was posted);
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that any content on IRL violates your rights other than copyrights, please provide IRL with at least the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (e.g., the username of the posting user, the URL of the post, and the date it was posted); (c) an explanation of what rights you own/have and why you believe the content infringes your rights sufficient for us to evaluate your complaint; and (d) accurate contact information for you.
Please send your notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding IRL or other complaint regarding alleged violation of rights to IRL’s copyright agent, who can be reached as follows:
Attn: Copyright Manager
Mailing address: 1748 Shattuck Ave., No. 130, Berkeley, CA 94709
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This contact information is for inquiries regarding potential copyright and other intellectual-property infringement only. See the Help section in the Terms of Service for general contact information.
It is often difficult to determine if your intellectual property rights have been violated or if the DMCA requirements have been met. We may request additional information before we remove any purportedly infringing material. We have a policy of terminating the accounts of users who (in our reasonable discretion) are repeat infringers.